Job Title: Environmental Scientist, Morgantown WV.
CORE Environmental Services, Inc. is offering the following full time opportunity in our Morgantown, WV office for a results oriented, self-starting Environmental Scientist to work on wetland related and environmental projects. Work will include permitting, wetlands delineation, and environmental inspection.
- Ability to independently conduct wetland delineations in accordance with USACOE and state protocols, functional wetland assessments, mitigation, plant and wildlife identification, and soils identification
- Demonstrate a knowledge of state and federal environmental laws as they pertain to energy related projects.
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions
- Possess a working understanding of:
- Wetland and waterbody construction and mitigation procedures
- Upland erosion control, revegetation, and maintenance plans
- Environmental impact statements and orders
- Project permits, certificates, or other regulatory documents
- Project specific specifications and plans
- Monitor all field activities on a regular basis to verify compliance with environmental conditions of governing documents.
- Ability to independently prepare permit documents, environmental reports, and correspondence
- Document all field activities and Best Management Practices. Documentation will include written report forms (daily, weekly, non-compliance, unanticipated discovery, etc.) and photographic documentation. Upload documentation to the project web site in a timely manner.
- B.S. in a physical science, M.S. Biology a plus
- USACOE training preferred
- 6 to 8 years of relevant wetlands delineation experience in West Virginia
- A valid driver’s license
- Experienced with Trimble GPS and ArcGIS
- Applicants must possess a degree in environmental science, natural science, engineering, or a related field of study with demonstrated experience in the regulatory compliance field related to pipeline construction.
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, some supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner.
- Hard working attitude / commitment towards achieving project goals.
- Must be willing to conduct inspections outside of business hours, as required by state and federal regulations, and respond to client needs accordingly.
Please submit resumes for open positions to firstname.lastname@example.org