Job Title: Environmental Staff Scientist
Location: Remediation Division, Allison Park, PA
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Scientist
Date: October 2018
- CORE is a professional environmental consulting firm specializing in:
- Site Characterization and Site Remediation
- Environmental Due Diligence (Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments)
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance Audits
- Soil and Groundwater Remediation
- Remediation System Design and Installation and Operation & Maintenance
- In-plant Compliance Audit Services
- Provide support to Project Managers by performing routine aspects of environmental assignments.
- Prepare work plans and reports for site characterization, environmental site assessment (ESA) and remediation activities
- Perform Phase I and II ESAs
- Perform quality control review of plans and reports
- Assist with all phases of site characterization and remediation activities at retail petroleum UST, dry cleaner, and industrial sites
- Request quotes from subcontractors, and evaluate proposals
- Prepare project budgets and assist senior staff in tracking budgets
- Delegate assignments to junior staff
- UST closure oversight
- Monitoring well abandonment
- Perform Phase I/ Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
- Data entry using GIS, and preparation of figures and tables using ACAD and Excel
- Conduct human health risk assessments
- Data entry using GIS
- Assist senior staff in preparing proposals for environmental services
Education/ Certification Requirements:
- 40 hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training is required. Training will be provided, if necessary
- Desired Education: 4-year degree in Environmental Science or similar field of study preferred
- Three to five years of work experience with an environmental consulting firm, including a minimum of two years of work experience performing environmental technician (field sampling, monitoring well installation, and data collection) functions
- Experience preparing Remedial Action Progress Reports, Site Characterization Reports, and Remedial Action Plans
- Working knowledge of PA Act 2 Land Recycling Program
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of computers and database software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to interact with clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors in a professional manner
- Ability to coordinate work on multiple projects and meet project schedules and deliverables
- This job operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors year-round in varying weather conditions, as needed.
- Some travel and overnight stays may be required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical labor, including ability to lift, load and manipulate a variety of equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical exam, and be cleared to wear a respirator.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to email@example.com